Increase your flexibility by connecting the Integrated Reading, Thinking and Language Learning Model with your Daily Oral Dialogs.
The Integrated Reading, Thinking and Language Learning Model decreases the amount of work that you expend in finding instructional materials.
The beauty of the Integrated Reading, Thinking and Language Learning Model blossoms from using the same reading selection for up to 25 different learning activities.
For a detailed description of these 25 learning activities for one selection, see…
In addition, you can you use Public Domain sources and base integrated lessons on a free-to-use single selection. (Public Domain selections are available at all reading levels.)
For a great source of Public Domain material, visit…
Another benefit of using Public Domain materials: Building Multi-Level Reading Materials. You can do this because you are allowed to edit, change, alter, and create derivative works (changes) to any Public Domain selection.
And, changing, altering and editing Public Domain works provide an easy, time-saving option because you can connect two dozen activities to a single selection.
Editing Public Domain selections might not look appealing in teachers’ busy lives, but you can…
- Use the edited section year after year
- Share your edited versions with colleagues
- Share your edited versions with colleagues…with each creating a different level version
- To creating a more difficult reading-level selection – use a word processor’s synonym feature
- To create proofreading activities – break the selection into sentences, change a spelling, alter a verb tense, or delete punctuation
- Send Public Domain selections home for parents to read with their children
- Post Public Domain selections on your classroom Website
- Print a booklet of Graphic Organizers, and let students draw organizers as part of their Journals, reports or presentations
- Allow student to alter Public Domain selections for sharing with classmates
- Pull words from Public Domain for vocabulary study
- Connect Public Domain reading selections with Science or Social Studies reports
- Create sample High-Stakes Practice Tests based upon Public Domain selections
- Ask teams of students to create scripts and create new versions of Public Domain selections
For more Integrated Reading, Thinking and Language Learning ideas, sign up for our Newsletter.